Mars Volunteer Program (MVP)
Posted at 09:00 in : Customer News
At Mars Drinks we are committed to sustainability. One element of our path to sustainability is engaging our Associates to stimulate change. We do this by giving every Associate the opportunity for paid time off to volunteer through the Mars Volunteer Program (MVP).
The Mars Volunteer Program is a worldwide initiative that harnesses Mars Associates’ collective power to make a difference in the communities where we live and work. MVP is a powerful demonstration on how Mars – as a company and individuals – put our Five Principles into action in our communities to deliver a mutuality of benefits.
The MVP program has been running for five years at Mars Drinks UK. In that time, 362 of our people have given nearly 4,000 hours to support charities and community organisations. In 2013, Mars Drinks UK volunteered 1,143.75 hours through the Mars Volunteer Program.
At Mars Drinks in Basingstoke we work with the following charities and community organisations:
• Sebastian’s Action Trust – Children’s Cancer Charity
• National Animal Welfare Trust – Cares for elderly animals without a home
• Naomi House – Provides care for physically and mentally challenged children/young adults
• St Michael’s Hospice – Provides care for those with critical illnesses
• Hart Wildlife Trust – Wildlife support unit caring for injured wildlife and getting them back into the wild
• Shaw Trust – Mars Drinks UK supports gardening projects which support mentally challenged adults to get back into community life and work
We measure the performance of the MVP against our sustainability milestones which we publish every summer in the Mars, Incorporated Principles in Action report. Our Principles in Action report covers all our sustainability milestones from sourcing more sustainably through to working towards our water and energy consumption targets. Our latest Principles in Action report will be published in August and we will share highlights of the report and our performance against targets with you in our Autumn Update.